As promised in my Summer Skin Care post, here I am with Summer Makeup Tips. Summer could be quite exciting with all the light and airy clothes and refreshing cold drinks to sip, but definitely not with makeup melting away from your face. To look well-groomed and polished, makeup becomes a necessity but most women prefer to go out sans makeup as it’s not going to stay on their face anyways! But, if you make some modification to your usual makeup routine, you can definitely make your makeup stay longer in hot summer months.
Summer makeup should be light, natural and glowy but not shiny and you can always make it more interesting by playing with colors.
Let me share few tricks with you…
1. Prepping the face- Cleanse your face with a water based cleanser, use toner and moisturizer and apply sun protection or go for a primer. Primer help to provide a smooth canvas, keep oil secretion in control and make the makeup last. Primers usually come with SPF 20- 35. My favorite summer primer is Colorbar Perfect Match Primer (Buy it here on Nykaa)
2. Switch the foundation for tinted moisturizer and concealer- Foundation can make the makeup look heavy and cakey. Apply the tinted moisturizer and cover the dark circles, blemishes etc. with a light concealer. If you feel the need for little more coverage, dab with some powder foundation.
3. Brighten your eyes and make your eye makeup stay- Use an eye primer over your eyelids. Apply a cream based eye shadow in copper, bronze or rose pink if you are fair toned. And top it up with powder shadow in the same shade with slight shimmer. To make the liner last long, apply the pencil liner and using an angular brush, top it up with powder eyeshadow in same color. Gel eyeliner may be used for a defined sharp line. Apply waterproof mascara.
4. Switch the pink blush for caramel/ bronze or coral- These shades of blush will give a beautiful sun kissed look to the skin.
5. Ditch heavy lipstick- Go for lip stains or tinted lip balm for fresh look. If your lips are pigmented, line them with a nude lip liner in the color of your lips and top up with stains or tints. The lipliner will also help the color stay longer.
6. Have Fun with colors- Go ahead with fun and playful colors on your eyes. Go for colorful eyeshadows, eyeliner and even mascara. Colors add life to your face and make you look bright and youthful.
7. Combat the shine- Nothing works better than blotting paper for shine. Keep them handy and use whenever you feel oily on your T-zone.
Hope with this, you’ll be more confidant wearing makeup in summer
What are your favorite summer makeup tips? Do share in comments!
Signing off for now
It is just the beginning of April and it already seems like we are well into summers, into cool and airy clothes, into the water pools, sipping cold drinks and ofcourse trying to beat the heat. Summer, although is fun in some ways but believe me trying to protect yourself from the heat and the problems that come along with the heat can be a big task. To ease your job to some extent, here we are with some tips for summer to take care of your skin and body
How are you getting Summer ready? Do share in comments
Signing off for now
P.S.- Do keep a lookout for our next post on Summer Makeup Tips!
The second post in the series Professional Dressing, you can read the first one- Rules to follow or break here
Apart from dressing up well, certain steps of basic grooming are as important in creating a positive Professional Image. You may dress up well but if your hair is not done well or your nail paint is chipped, the efforts made by you in dressing up will go down the drain. If a great dress gives you style, the finer details of grooming give you all the elegance.
To present yourself at your best, these tips will certainly help you-
Well Groomed person can make others feel that how well she takes care of herself/himself and is how detail oriented she/he is. All these are even more important during an interview, where you meet your prospective employers for the first time and as they always say "You have only one chance to make a First Impression".
What is the most integral part of your grooming routine when you dress up for work? Do leave a comment and share with us.
When it comes to dressing up for work, we all tend to have different opinions but certain things are common as to what people think and do when it comes to their professional wardrobe. Some are set rules and must be followed, while others can be taken more as a guideline. Let's see what all-
1. Black and other neutrals are the only colours you can wear to work.
May Break- Neutrals may form the foundation for your outfit, while other colors may be added as accents.
2. Bright Colours are strict no-no.
Break- Bright colours worn as top or even as jackets are always welcome. Also, bright colors can be added as accessories. Very few professions are there where bright colors are frowned upon but in most workplaces they are pleasantly welcome.
3. Lace is not for professional dressing.
Follow to some extent- Lace when worn as an accent breaks the monotony of the texture and makes the outfit more delicate and feminine. Yes, a full lace dress is not something you would like to be seen in at work.
4. Wear your tallest heal, higher the heals, more formal they are.
Break- Wear heels... Yes but only those you are comfortable with! Unless your profession has strict rules for the length of your heels, wear the most comfortable tallest heels.
5. No loud make-up.
Follow- Loud makeup is only for clubbing Period.
6. Showing off skin is not acceptable.
Follow- Unless you are a model and modelling for an outfit, it is preferred to keep your cleavage, thighs, tummy unseen at work.
7. Keep your accessories minimal and delicate.
May Break- If acceptable at workplace, instead of wearing too many pieces, one can just wear a statement necklace or ring.
8. No Red Lips or Nails.
May Break- Red Lips or nails can always add a touch of excitement to a seemingly boring outfit. Red has become more like a neutral nail colour over a period of time. One may choose to go with either of the two at any point.
9. No visible bra-straps or panty lines.
Must Follow- At work and all the time!
10. Wear pants or trousers if you are working in a profession dominated by men.
Try to Break- If you have a feminine style and just because you have to work with men, does not mean you have to do so in pants. Go ahead and show your feminine side and wear your skirts. A feminine look is always welcome and contrary to popular belief that your colleagues will not take you seriously, you will rather be appreciated for coming across as who you are and show your worth with your performance. And don't forget the skirt suits are classics in a Woman's Professional Wardrobe and the same goes for sari in an Indian Women's Working Wardrobe.
Well... there are so many more but these are the most common ones.
What are your thoughts about professional dressing? Do you strongly agree or disagree with any of the above points? Do leave a comment and share your views.