Oriflame India hosted an event on 12th September at ITC Grand Central, Parel, Mumbai to celebrate 50 years and also to unveil the new face of Oriflame.
The invite for the event came in with a beautiful wooden mirror.
The event was in the afternoon, attended by media, beauty and lifestyle bloggers and top distributors of Oriflame. It started with Mr. Sergei Kanashin, Senior VP & Head of South Asia and Managing Director India, talking about how the brand has grown over 50 years with main focus on empowering women. This was followed by Ms. Shikha Duggal, Brand and Communication Manager, Oriflame India talking about how each one of us can help in making the world beautiful by making small changes. Oriflame is doing its bit with it's Love Nature range, which is pro-Oceans as the formulations are bio-degradable, silicone free and there are no plastic micro beads.
All this was followed by introducing leading Bollywood actor Kalki Koechlin as the New Face of Oriflame India. This lead to a Q&A with brand and Kalki, where she shared how she believed in brand's values and philosophy and also some beauty tips shared by her mother.
The event concluded with sumptuous lunch and goody bags for all attendees.
Sharing some pics from the event
Looking forward to more such events!
Signing off for now
Korean, Japanese and most South East Asian Women are blessed with the best skin and they are equally aggressive with the maintenance of their genetic gift. A year in Japan and two in Singapore taught me a lot about this 'Asian' skincare routine. The routine comprises of 10 steps... YES 10 STEPS done twice a day!! How impossible it could be for us when most of us are not able to follow the basic 3 step CTM (Cleansing-Toning-Moisturizing) routine! Skin care is made a significant part of daily routine from a very young age, while here we start thinking about our skin once we cross 30!!
Nevertheless, to educate ;) you all, let me tell you what this 10 step routine is
Makeup Removal- Cleanse- Exfoliate- Toner- Essence- Serum- Eye Cream- Moisturizer- Sun Protection/ Night Mask- Lip Balm
The significant part of this routine is Hydration, which plumps up the skin and makes it look younger. The other aspect is layering of products starting with lighter texture to heavier ones, which further aids in hydration.
Now, the important thing is how to incorporate this skin care routine in our life comfortably and believe me, it is not as difficult as it may sound. Let me share 5 significant steps that we can pick up from this routine along with some of my favorite products
1. Complete Makeup Removal- Most of us do not take off our makeup at night. This is one of the main reasons for skin breakouts and dullness. It is important to use an eye makeup remover to take off all traces of makeup from eyes. Use a q-tip to completely remove eye liner/kajal in between the lashes. I love L'oreal gentle eye and lip makeup remover and Maybelline Clean Express Total Clean Makeup Remover (Read my review here). After removing eye and lip makeup, one can use a cleansing milk/ cream/ water/ balm (as per your skin type) to take off makeup from the face. My current favorite here is Shu Uemura Ultime 8 Sublime Beauty Cleansing Oil, which my husband got from Japan otherwise earlier I was using Bioderma Sensibio H2O, which is pretty good too.
2. Toning- Often considered to be least significant step in skin care but it cleans the traces of cleanser from the skin and refreshes it. It is a must do step for skin hydration. My favorite toners are Rose water from Kama Ayurveda, Moisture Spray from Cinema Secrets and Kiehl's Iris Extract Activating Treatment Essence. You can always keep a bottle in your bag and can use as instant refresher during the day specially if you spend most of the day in Air conditioned environment.
3. Serum- Serum is something a lot of us are unsure of and don't know when and how to use it. I believe that serums are the magical portions that can change the way your skin is, drastically. These are basically light weight concentrates with loads of active ingredients, which penetrate easily into the skin and provide more intense treatment. These are loaded with hydrating agents and provide a boost of hydration to the skin. My favorites are The Body Shop Oils of Life Intensely Revitalizing Facial Oil and Shu Uemura Tsuya Skin Youthful Vita-glow Activator.
4. Sun Protection- This is usually the most neglected part of skin care routine. SPF of 15 is required daily indoors and outdoors. If you spend more time in sun, SPF of 35 is required and 50 for beaches and pools. I love to use Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Drytouch Sunblock 50.
5. Night Cream- Another skin care practice that is overlooked by most of us. Most of the women I've met always tell me that it is important for skin to breathe and hence nothing should be put on the skin at night. What I tell them is that the skin needs to repair and regenerate and our job is to provide the skin with nutrients that help this process. Night cream (also called Night Mask) is rich with skin regenerating ingredients. My favorite is Olay Regenerist Revitalising Night Cream Moisturiser.
Hope the post helps you to take your skincare game one level up and do share in comments if it makes any sense to you and motivates you to look after your skin.
Signing off for now
I believe by now, you know which red is the red for you. If you don't know yet... Please read here.
So once you know your red... you must be wondering why this post on how to wear red lipstick? Just take the lipstick and apply on your lips... but it isn't as simple as that.
Let's understand what are the challenges while applying red or any dark colored lipstick-
Hope this helps you all to rock Red Lipstick
Do share your views on your favorite red lipstick and if you have some interesting tips on application!
Signing off for now
As much as I love red on my nails, I am equally fond of red on my lips and in clothes and hair (Yes hair too! Will post some pics soon)
I have a huge stash of red lip colors, which I love wearing whenever possible but feel kinda sad when people specially my clients come and tell me that they don't like wearing red mostly because they think it is very loud, looks made up, not sure of which red and so on.
So, I came up with an idea of this series of post "Dare to wear Red" where I'll try to answer all the problem areas. And what could be a better day to talk about Lipsticks, other than the National Lipstick Day, that we are celebrating today! And moreover, M.A.C is offereing a lipstick free on purchase of two lip products. If you can't go to a M.A.C store, shop online on Nykaa
Red lips spell classy, dramatic, sexy and confident all the same time. But, most of us are hesitant to wear red lipstick, fearing that it makes us feel older, too dramatic or made up or over-the-top.
The fact is that one can wear a red lip colour anytime in the day, for any occasion and with any skin tone; the trick is to find the shade which is ‘THE RED’ for you!
Find the Perfect Red
Finding the perfect red depends on your skin undertone and the intensity of your complexion.
Here’s a list of reds to go with your skin complexion:-
Next in this series- How to wear Red Lipstick! Keep a lookout!
What's your favorite Red Lipstick? Do share in comments
Signing off for now