Author- Neha Suradkar
As promised in my Summer Skin Care post, here I am with Summer Makeup Tips. Summer could be quite exciting with all the light and airy clothes and refreshing cold drinks to sip, but definitely not with makeup melting away from your face. To look well-groomed and polished, makeup becomes a necessity but most women prefer to go out sans makeup as it’s not going to stay on their face anyways! But, if you make some modification to your usual makeup routine, you can definitely make your makeup stay longer in hot summer months.
Summer makeup should be light, natural and glowy but not shiny and you can always make it more interesting by playing with colors.
Let me share few tricks with you…
1. Prepping the face- Cleanse your face with a water based cleanser, use toner and moisturizer and apply sun protection or go for a primer. Primer help to provide a smooth canvas, keep oil secretion in control and make the makeup last. Primers usually come with SPF 20- 35. My favorite summer primer is Colorbar Perfect Match Primer (Buy it here on Nykaa)
2. Switch the foundation for tinted moisturizer and concealer- Foundation can make the makeup look heavy and cakey. Apply the tinted moisturizer and cover the dark circles, blemishes etc. with a light concealer. If you feel the need for little more coverage, dab with some powder foundation.
3. Brighten your eyes and make your eye makeup stay- Use an eye primer over your eyelids. Apply a cream based eye shadow in copper, bronze or rose pink if you are fair toned. And top it up with powder shadow in the same shade with slight shimmer. To make the liner last long, apply the pencil liner and using an angular brush, top it up with powder eyeshadow in same color. Gel eyeliner may be used for a defined sharp line. Apply waterproof mascara.
4. Switch the pink blush for caramel/ bronze or coral- These shades of blush will give a beautiful sun kissed look to the skin.
5. Ditch heavy lipstick- Go for lip stains or tinted lip balm for fresh look. If your lips are pigmented, line them with a nude lip liner in the color of your lips and top up with stains or tints. The lipliner will also help the color stay longer.
6. Have Fun with colors- Go ahead with fun and playful colors on your eyes. Go for colorful eyeshadows, eyeliner and even mascara. Colors add life to your face and make you look bright and youthful.
7. Combat the shine- Nothing works better than blotting paper for shine. Keep them handy and use whenever you feel oily on your T-zone.
Hope with this, you’ll be more confidant wearing makeup in summer
What are your favorite summer makeup tips? Do share in comments!
Signing off for now